Account / Login
0 Item(s) in Cart
auto suggest on
Current Promos ►
Herbs & Supplements ►
Health & Beauty ►
Children's Health ►
Women's Health ►
Men's Health ►
Sports Nutrition ►
Gluten Free ►
Kosher Vitamins ►
Doctors Vitamins ►
New Arrivals ►
and get today's promos
Newsletter includes health and new product information, sales and promo codes
Visit our Retail Store
120 Route 110
Farmingdale, NY 11735
Hours and Directions
> Natural Factors - Vitamin D3 1000 IU - 180 Tablets
SKU: NF-01051 UPC: 068958010519
Natural Factors - Vitamin D3 1000 IU - 180 Tablets
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price:
(Online price as of 10/16/19...not applicable to retail store purchases)
8 IN STOCK
Email a Friend
Bookmark This Page
Write your own review
Vitamin D plays a dual role as both a vitamin and a hormone that stimulates the body to absorb calcium.
Vitamin D, calcium, and phosphorus are needed to keep bones strong. Without vitamin D even a diet adequate in calcium will not help as the body needs vitamin D to absorb calcium.
People with low vitamin D levels tend to have soft, thin bones, predisposing them to fractures, especially hip fractures.
Soft bones can also cause the nagging and unremitting bone pain that many older persons suffer from.
Vitamin D supplementation is important because it's hard to get enough during long, dark, northern winters.
The elderly have more difficulty synthesizing vitamin D from sunlight, some medications interfere with vitamin D absorption and absorbing calcium which will strengthen bones and prevent fractures.
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol from animal source) is the form found in fish oils and eggs, and is produced by sunlight on human skin.
Natural Factors vitamin D3 is derived from sheep wool lanolin.
* Aids in the absorption of calcium
* Strengthens bones and may prevent fractures
* Promotes cardiovascular health
* May decrease the risk of multiple sclerosis
Each tablet contains:
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) ..................1,000 IU (25 mcg)
1 tablet daily or as directed by a health care practitioner. Keep out of the reach of children.
* The drugs cholestyramine (Questran), colestipol (Colestid), phenytoin (Dilantin), phenobarbital, orlistat (Xenical), and mineral oil all interfere with the absorption and/or metabolism of vitamin D and may require higher doses of vitamin D.
* Corticosteroids like prednisone increase the need for vitamin D.
* Vitamin D supplementation must be used with caution when using digoxin (Lanoxin) and thiazide diuretics.
* Consult a health care practitioner before using vitamin D if you are taking these drugs.
* People who have liver disease, kidney disease, primary hyperthyroidism, sarcoidosis, tuberculosis and lymphoma should consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
Children: The recommended dosage for infants less than 6 months is 300 IU daily. For children over the age of one year the dosage recommendation is 400 IU.
It is preferable for children to get their vitamin D from a multiple vitamin unless directed by a health care practitioner.
Pregnancy and Nursing: Recent recommendations from the Canadian Pediatric Society suggest that pregnant and lactating women get 2,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
The statements included above have not been evaluated by the FDA or Total Health. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
* Free Shipping on orders over $85 US 48 states (
be subject to a surcharge if over 5 lbs; we'll call for your approval if surcharge applies). $6.95 shipping for orders under $85.
Herbs & Supplements
Report Any Website Problems
Total Health Vitamins
120 Broadhollow Rd, Farmingdale, NY 11735
Phone: 800-283-2833 Email:
* Free shipping on your whole order when you purchase any product from any of the following brands...
Designs for Health
Total Health Vitamins
Garden of Life
NTI - Propax