Life Extension Effervescent Vitamin C - Magnesium Crystals 180 grams
Net Wt. 180 g (0.397 lb. or 6.35 oz.)
Life Extension Item Catalog Number: 01736
Occasional constipation is one of the most frequent gastrointestinal complaints in the United States, particularly among women and the elderly.1 To address this issue, Life Extension offers a dose-adjustable nutritional solution - Effervescent Vitamin C - Magnesium Crystals - to provide immediate relief from occasional constipation.
A series of rhythmic muscle contractions move food through the digestive tract.2 But highly processed foods and a lack of quality nutrition can occasionally result in normal but temporarily ineffective movement of waste through the colon.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that scavenges free radicals in the body and protects tissues from oxidative stress.3-5 Vitamin C is a vital cofactor for the formation of collagen, the connective tissue that supports arterial walls, skin, bones, and teeth.4,5
Magnesium is a cofactor in hundreds of enzymatic processes within cells, helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels already within normal range, improves the metabolic profile, and beneficially impacts insulin resistance and inflammation. Research shows many Americans do not obtain adequate magnesium in their diets.6-11
Effervescent Vitamin C - Magnesium Crystals can be used in varying doses depending on individual need. It contains no harsh chemicals12,13 and is safe for up to three times per week, since it contains only nutrients that provide other benefits. Effervescent Vitamin C - Magnesium Crystals is not a fiber - so it never creates more fecal bulk than you can easily evacuate.14,15.
Serving Size 1 level teaspoon (approx. 6 g)
Servings Per Container about 30
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 4500 mg
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl) 4 mg
Magnesium (as magnesium carbonate) 250 mg
Other ingredients: none.
Dosage and Use: Drink one level teaspoon mixed in eight ounces of water, without food, followed by an additional eight ounces of water all at once, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. Take up to three times per week.
Caution: Ascorbic acid can cause gastric upset or diarrhea for some people. This can often be alleviated by consuming it with meals or lowering the dose then gradually increasing. If you have significant kidney disease, please consult your healthcare provider before using this product.
Warning: Keep out of reach of children.
Do not exceed recommended dose.
Do not purhcase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
1. Available at: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/constipation/.
2. Available at: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002282.htm.
3. J Am Coll Nutr. 2003 Feb;22(1):18-35.
4. Am J Clin Nutr. 1999 Jun;69(6):1086-107.
5. Altern Med Rev. 2003 Nov;8(4):359-77.
6. Adv Nutr. 2013 May 1;4(3):378S-83S.
7. J Hypertens. 2008 Jan;26(1):44-52.
8. Magnes Res. 2007 Jun;20(2):107-29.
9. Magnes Res. 2010 Jun;23(2):73-80.
10. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2008 Feb;19(1):50-6.
11. J Nutr. 2003 Sep;133(9):2879-82.
12. BMC Pediatr. 2012 Nov 15;12:178.
13. Available at: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/704983/POLYETHYLENE_GLYCOL/.
14. Am J Gastroenterol. 1997 Jan;92(1):95-8.
15. World J Gastroenterol. 2012 Sep 7;18(33):4593-6.