Traditional Ayurvedic Formula Supports the Lungs and Sinuses THREE SPICES SINUS COMPLEX is modeled after the famed Trikatu formula, one of the most highly regarded of all herbal compounds in traditional Ayurvedic herbalism. This warm and spicy blend consists of three aromatic and pungent spices - long pepper, ginger, and black pepper. Trikatu has been traditionally used in India for more than 1,000 years to support digestion, the lungs and the sinuses. Trikatu: 1,000 Years of Traditional UsePlanetary Formulas was the first American company to introduce Trikatu to the American health food market, and Planetary Formulas customers have depended on it for seasonal health for the past 18 years. Herbal Sinus SupportThroughout the centuries, herbs have been used to support the sinuses in a variety of ways. Many have been used as herbal steams that help moisturize nasal passages, opening up breathing in a delightfully aromatic way. Others are taken internally to support digestive function.Long pepper, ginger, and black pepper - the pungent herbs that make up THREE SPICES SINUS COMPLEX have traditionally been used to support normal breathing by helping the body digest dietary proteins. Digestion and Respiratory HealthWhen exposed to pollens, animal dander, and molds, the body may respond by releasing histamine, a substance produced by the breakdown of the amino acid histidine. Many substances that tend to cause histamine release are made up of proteins. Of course, we readily absorb proteins on a daily basis through our diet - they are generally not problematic because they are broken down in the gastrointestinal tract by digestive processes. However, people whose digestive and intestinal functions are less than optimal may not adequately break down protein molecules, which can enter the bloodstream and evoke an immune response. When the respiratory passages are exposed to environmental proteins (as in pollens or molds), the immune system is further stressed. We cannot do much about avoiding the environmental proteins that occur seasonally but we can do a lot to increase the bodys ability to more efficiently break down the proteins that we consume internally. Trikatu has been used for centuries to support digestive processes. Clinically Tested Formula from Michael TierraPlanetary Formulas products are exclusively developed or selected by licensed acupuncturist and clinical herbalist Michael Tierra, L.Ac., O.M.D. A clinician since 1972, Michael is an internationally recognized authority on the worlds herbal traditions, and was the first to introduce Ayurvedic products to the American health food industry in the early 1970s. Michael has been using Planetary Formulas products on a daily basis in his more than 30 years of clinical practice. This means customers can be assured of obtaining the benefits they are seeking from an herbal product. Planetary Herbals Three Spices Sinus Complex is modeled after the famed Trikatu formula of the 5,000-year-old tradition of Ayurvedic herbalism. Used for more than 1,000 years, this warm and spicy blend has traditionally been used to support digestion, the lungs and sinuses.
Supplement Facts for 1000 mg Tablet Serving Size: 2 tablet(s) Amount %DV Calories 5 Sodium 5 mg <2% Total Carbohdrates 1 g <2% Dietary Fiber 1 g 4% Sugar 1 g Proprietary Blend: 2 g Ginger Root, Long Pepper Fruit, Black Pepper Fruit, and Dehydrated Honey.
Other Ingredients: acacia gum, sorbitol, stearic acid, colloidal silicon dioxide, modified cellulose gum and magnesium stearate.
Warning: Not for use by women who are pregnant, may become pregnant, breastfeeding, or by children under 1 year of age. STORE IN A COOL, DRY PLACE.
Suggested Use: 2 tablets twice daily between meals.
The statements included above have not been evaluated by the FDA or Total Health. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.